Articles and speeches
This page provides links to various articles and speeches by members of the Executive.
- Heather Fletcher's story in the faith column of the Manchester Evening News
- Our Company Secretary Heather Fletcher was asked to contribute to this column. She chose to write about the twinning between a Muslim and a Jewish school, and how the Muslim Jewish Forum developed.
- Peter Bell Memorial Lecture 2013 by David Berkley and Mohammed Amin
- Dr Peter Bell MBE was a founder member of Leeds Concord back in 1976 and served as General Secretary until his death in 1999. Since 2010 Leeds Concord has held a lecture in his memory. It was a great honour for David Berkley and Mohammed Amin to be asked to jointly give the 2013 lecture. They chose to talk about what they have learned from their experiences with the Muslim Jewish Forum of Greater Manchester.
- Memories of the Muslim Jewish Forum
- This poem was written by our Secretary Heather Fletcher while reflecting on the first eight years of the Forum.
- Thought for the Week by Jonny Wineberg 26 February 2012
- Given by the MJF Co-chair on the Mike Shaft programme on BBC Radio Manchester
- "Eastern Eye" newspaper article about the Forum
- On 14 October 2011 the Forum was profiled in an article based on interviews given by Jonny Wineberg and Afzal Khan.
- Speech by Heather Fletcher
- On 6 July 2011 the Forum's Secretary explained to a group of 70 Jewish pensioners how she came to be one of the founders of the Forum.
- "Jewish Chronicle" newspaper article about the Forum's first five years
- On 10 December 2010 the northern edition of the Jewish Chronicle carried an article about the Forum based on a telephone interview with Mohammed Amin.
- A personal retrospective from Mohammed Amin
- This is based upon a speech about the Forum that he gave at a conference on "Moving beyond the Rhetoric: Increasing Trust and Respect between Faiths, Beliefs, Cultures and Communities” which was held in parallel with the Global Peace and Unity Event on 25 October 2010.
(c) The Muslim Jewish Forum of Greater Manchester is a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England. Company No. 5480738. Registered Office: c/o Linder Myers Solicitors, Phoenix House, 45 Cross Street, Manchester, M2 4JF